We will save you time, money and mistakes on your next boat.
All About Listing Agreements
Anchor Yachts offers five different kinds of listing agreements so that you can list your boat for sale with us according to your own needs. While we market all of our listings aggressively, we naturally make extra efforts for our central and exclusive listings:
1) CENTRAL LISTING: The most convenient and most effective way to list your boat for sale is to let us handle everything under a Central Listing. This means Anchor Yachts is the only agent offering the boat for sale. We will field all inquiries for your boat, both from potential buyers and from other yacht brokers. You don’t have to do a thing. Also, since we are only permitted to post Central Listings on the premier MLS web sites, a Central Listing is by far the most effective way to make your boat available to every other yacht broker in the country (and around the world), as well as to the general public. Finally, because people who centrally list their boats with us have made a commitment to letting us sell their boat, we naturally feel duty-bound to give our Central Listings maximum exposure and special attention.
2) LIMITED CENTRAL LISTING: If you plan to also try to sell the boat yourself, then a Limited Central Listing is the way to go. Very few other yacht brokerages even offer a Limited Central Listing status. This names us as the only yacht brokerage offering the boat for sale, but you can sell the boat yourself. If you do find a buyer yourself, we will still assist with all other phases of the sale including writing up the Yacht Purchase and Sale Agreement, providing escrow services for deposits, etc., assisting the Buyer with financing if desired, assisting with survey and sea trial arrangements, and overseeing and assisting with the closing process including Buyer insurance and documentation needs. In such a case, our commission would be only 5% instead of the standard 10%. If we only write up the Vessel Purchase and Sale Agreement, and provide escrow services, our commission will be only 4% of the gross selling price of the vessel. We are still able to post Limited Central Listings on the premier MLS web sites, since we are the only yacht brokerage with the listing.
3) EXCLUSIVE CENTRAL LISTING: This is like the Limited Central Listing above. We would still be the only yacht broker offering your boat for sale. However, if you sell the boat yourself, you choose that we do NOT assist with all other phases of the sale including writing up the Yacht Purchase and Sale Agreement, providing escrow services for deposits, etc., assisting the Buyer with financing if desired, assisting with survey and sea trial arrangements, and overseeing and assisting with the closing process including Buyer insurance and documentation needs. In such a case, you would not owe us any commission if you were to sell your boat yourself. If you really intend to aggressively market your own boat and don’t want our professional assistance in the event of a sale, this may be the way to list your boat with us.
4) EXCLUSIVE U.S. LISTING: This is like the Exclusive Central Listing above, but you would be appointing us as the only yacht broker in the United States offering your boat for sale. You may sell your boat yourself and you may also Open -List your boat for sale with other yacht brokers that are NOT in the United States. If you or your non-US broker sell your boat, we would not participate.
5) OPEN NON-EXCLUSIVE LISTING: This allows you to sell your boat yourself and also list your boat for sale with any number of other yacht brokerages. You will find that brokers do not promote Open Listings as aggressively as they do Central Listings, simply because there is a likelihood that the boat will be sold by someone else and their efforts will be wasted. An Open Listing is better than no listing at all – you will still benefit from most of our Internet marketing expertise and success – but it will limit the marketing exposure your boat can receive, which may result in a slower sale.
Please let us know which listing agreement you would like us to send you for your boat.