Stephens Waring Yacht Designs
LOA (hull): 56′ 0″ (17.1m) Length on Deck: 53′ 3″ (16.2m)
LWL: 50′ 3″ (15.3m) Beam: 16′ 1″ (4.9m)
Draft: 7′ 9″ (2.4m) Displacement: 41,0001b (18.6 tons)
Sail Area: 1,677 sqft (156 sqm) Sail area/displacement ratio: 22.6
Displacement/LWL ratio: 144 Water: 200gal (750 liters)
Fuel: 250g (950 liters) Engine/Hp: Yanmar 110 HP
The Bluewater design is geared for roving the waters of the planet without restriction due to weather or range. The centerpiece is a focus on 360 degree views in comfortable and contemporary living spaces. Featuring a raised saloon arrangement within a striking pilothouse that forms a window on the world.
The yacht: flush lines, a business-like superstructure and a deck layout that delivers pure enjoyment of the elements and safe sail handling.
The cockpit: large and comfortable, separation of sailing and lounging–arranged with port and starboard line management stations to hoist and reef the mainsail or furl and unfurl the headsails.
The sails: trimmed from the helm or from the exterior sitting areas — push-button functionality for all line handling managed from the cockpit.
The rig: square-headed mainsail and Solent-style headsail arrangement with jib and light reacher on dedicated furlers. Option for conventional full-battened mainsail with permanent backstay also available.
The mission: design and build the most capable modern cruising yacht for the most serious cruising sailors. No compromises. No apologies. No boundaries.
Down below, great attention has been given to the flow and open feeling, while making access to hard to reach areas a priority. A gourmet galley featuring a floor to ceiling slide out pantry, stand up fridge with pull out freezer (as well as a optional dedicated beverage fridge), 5 burner stove, along with generous amounts of counter space and storage creates an environment that any chief will appreciate. There is a mechanics room and work bench, located under the starboard salon settee aft of the galley. From there you can access to the engine room through a watertight door, as well as both cockpit seats lift up on hydraulics providing unprecedented “gull wing” access to the engine and vital system components for regular maintenance. Two arrangements offer the option of a luxuriously roomy two-cabin layout, or a third cabin for larger families. The focal point of the Bluewater 56 is the raised salon, offering sweeping views under sail or at anchor, as well as an abundance of natural light inside, and wonderful communication with the cockpit, while maintaining good sight lines throughout.
- Exceeds industry standards of highest quality composite laminate detail. In compliance with ISO and ABS scantling standards for ocean sailing.
- Infused glass-reinforced vinylester resin, CoreCell foam sandwich — higher-modulus fibers in areas of high loading including layers of kevlar in hull.
- Interior partitions and bulkheads of cored panels.
- Powered winches and furlers for push-button line management. Lines lead aft to cockpit to allow hoisting and reefing from helm.
- Large lockers for cruising gear including a watertight bow locker.
- Fold down transom forms a large swim platform/ dinghy dock, and provides access to a dinghy garage
- Twin anchoring system, with a unique recessed anchor well-deck.
Below deck & Interior joinery
- Great attention given to the flow and ‘open’ feeling for interior space
- Arrangement options: 2 or 3 cabin layouts.
- Raised salon offers sweeping views under sail or at anchor, allows a flood of natural light, and gives easy connection with the cockpit.
Systems & Machinery
- Redundancy and accessibility is a priority.
- 24 vDC, 110 vAC, generous battery storage and charging capability.
- HVAC configured for optimal comfort in all environments.
- Yanmar 110 HP engine with V-drive and twin high output alternators for maximum charging and redundancy.
- AC Generator
- Bow thruster
Mast & Rigging
- Carbon mast and carbon boom with lazy jacks. Options for furling boom, or V-boom if desired.
- High-efficiency square-head mainsail for more drive and responsiveness.
- Carbon fiber bowsprit with twin anchor rollers, and light air headsail attachment.
- Nitronic 50 rod standing rigging.
Detailed specification on request.