- J1120 Specifications Hull & Deck o Lloyd’s approved Baltek Contourkore end grained balsa composite construction using biaxial and unidirectional glass with vinylester resin on the outer hull layer.
- TPI patented SCRIMP resin infusion system molding process for optimum laminate strength with 65-70 per cent glass content in structural skins.
- 6,000 lb. 7.0′ draft, variable chord, high lift, lead keel bolted and epoxy bonded to deep molded stub w- sump.
- Off-white deck with a high traction non-skid.
- Single tapered boot stripe.
- Low maintenance extruded white ORC 1.5″ foredeck, winch grinder, and helmsman toe-rails. T-track toe-rails from mast aft to stem.
- Bow locker with deck hatch for anchoring gear and fully rigged asymmetrical contained in a snuffer sock.
- Large cockpit storage locker & 2 lazarette lockers.
- Watertight forward collision bulkhead (w- bow locker only).
- Molded stem platform w- swim ladder.
- Molded spray shield with dodger storage and companionway instrument pod.
- GRP molded structural bulkhead supporting chainplates bonded to hull, deck, and mast step.
- All intermediate bulkheads glassed to hull and deck for stiffness.
- Infused directly with primary lamination.
- Custom fabricated I-beam aluminum mast step.
- Heavy-duty fiberglass floor stringer grid infused into hull.
- Propulsion & Steering: Yanmar 3JH2-E 36 hp diesel engine with 80 amp alternator, fresh water-cooling, and Racor fuel filter.
- Yanmar engine panel recessed in cockpit includes tachometer w- fuel gauge, alarms for oil, battery, night light, and temperature
- OLR 100 engine insulation with removable engine box.
- 27 gallon fuel capacity with baffles and inspection – clean out.
- 17″x16″ two blade feathering prop with 1″ SS shaft.
- Balanced spade rudder w- unidirectional glass & large diameter shaft mounted in Harken bearings exceeding ABS specs.
- Edson 48″ Diamond Series white aluminum wheel with natural leather grip on custom molded pedestal with 5″ Ritchie compass, brake, and wheel height stainless guard. Gear ratio of 1:1 to facilitate installation of self-steering devices.
- Anodized aluminum emergency tiller.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Electric bilge pump w- switch & check valve.
- Manual fresh water foot pump in head and galley.
- 50 gallon water capacity with two baffled tanks under settees.
- Raritan Marine head with 35 gallon holding tank and “Y” valve and overboard discharge pump.
- Ice box drain with valve.
- Head – shower sump pump.
- Hot & cold pressure water system with 6 gallon water heater.
- Cockpit fresh water shower.
- Five Marelon seacocks and double-clamped hoses below the waterline.
- Deluxe lighting package with overhead halogen in galley, dedicated swing out nav light, swivelling tulip & dome lights
- Two 105 AH gel-cell deep cycle batteries.
- Bass 12 VDC metered panel.
- Bass battery switch with 100 amp DC main breaker.
- 110V shorepower system including 110V panel, three 110V outlets, 50′ shore cord and receptacle.
- UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color coded wiring throughout.
- Navigation lights and steaming light. Deck Hardware
- Two Harken 48.2 STA (self-tailing) primary winches.
- Four Harken 44.2 STA halyard & mainsheet winches.
- Two 10″ Speed-Grip and two 8″ B8AL aluminum lock-in winch handles with three PVC handle holders.
- 2:1 Mainsheet system of Harken Black Magic Blocks with three 75 mm 1969 leading to 1955 cheeks to P&S mainsheet winches.
- Harken adjustable mainsheet traveler with 4:1 purchase, includes 560 track, 558 car, 1515 controls, 564-565 track end with integral cams.
- Harken clear anodized jib & genoa tracks & end-stops with four Harken 1997 T-Track cars.
- Harken Black Magic checkstay blocks system including two 57 mm 1958 mounted to backstay chainplate and two 1963 transom cheek blocks.
- Harken Black Magic 75 mm 1973 double footblocks outboard of cockpit for checkstay tails & spin sheets.
- 150 cams near primaries for spin. sheets when not in use.
- Disappearing checkstay system with three Harken 082 bullets, hose clamps and shock cord.
- Harken 1969 spinnaker sheet blocks on Wichard 6544 U-bolts fwd. of stern pulpit legs.
- Six Harken Black Magic 1958 halyard – reef turning blocks mounted on Wichard #6533A “U”-Bolts. Halyards lead aft through two Schaefer triple organizers to Spinlock stoppers.
- Roller furling control line w- Harken 168 foredeck block, SS lined bullseyes and Harken 150 cam cleat w-328 cam fairlead.
- 2:1 J-Sprit control line leading to two Harken 027 Sprit blocks, 023 block on forward bulkhead and aft through bulkheads to cockpit 150 cam.
- Two cockpit snuffer control 150 cams 6″ behind two SS lined bulls-eye fairleads.
- Two bow chocks, two 10.5″ bow cleats, two 8″ stern cleats.
- Custom SS stemplate w- tack fitting & attachment studs for optional anchor roller, chainplates, & backstay tang.
- Five Lewmar Ocean Series Hatches.
- Five Bomar aluminum framed cabin opening ports and one fixed port on cabin sides and three Bomar cockpit opening ports.
- Companionway dodger with side curtains mounted against splash molding w-boot.
- Mainsail cover (2022)
- Lexan companionway drop board with nylon storage rack in cockpit locker.
- Double 5-32″ coated lifelines & tapered stainless stanchions w- custom bases, double SS bow & stern rails, and stern gate.
- Four 12″x24″ poly mesh line bags.
- Teak flag staff and 3×5 American flag.
- Gimballed, 2 burner Force 10 Stove with oven.
- Stainless double sink
- Vertical stainless grab post.
- Molded 6.0 cu.ft. icebox with 4″ foam insulation, dual lids, utility storage shelf and slider.
- Two dry goods storage areas w- shelf & acrylic slider covers.
- Cup, bowl and plate storage on aft galley bulkhead.
- Two utensil drawers
- Pots and pans storage cabinet with mid-height shelf below drawers.
- Laminated cold molded fiddles.
- Additional pot and pan storage under oven.
- Trash storage under sink w- flip lid access.
- Cabinet for cleaning supplies under sink.
- Hall Spars custom engineered Carbon Fiber Mast built with epoxy prepreg medium modulus carbon & autoclave curing to 80 psi at 250 deg. F finished in off-white Awlgrip. Carbon mast with similar details as aluminum for a saving of 120 lbs aloft. Mast fitted with single climbing step and two CL219 clam cleats for temporary cleating of halyards when hoisting sails alone.
- Hall Spars boom w- welded end fittings, 8:1 internal outhaul purchase system, mainsail reef sheaves, mainsheet bail, and vang lug.
- Retractable carbon fiber J-Sprit extendable to 7′ beyond bow w- molded GRP end caps.
- Standing & Running Rigging: Continuous Navtec Rod System w- Series 200 turnbuckles. -12 headstay, -12 upper – lower shrouds, -10 interm, and dyneema backstay. (all replaced in 2020)
- Harken split-drum 1.5 headsail furling system.
- Harken integral hydraulic backstay (2021)
- Hall integral C-24 Quik Vang with 8:1 Harken purchase.
- Forward double V-berth measures 75″ x 80.5″ x 26″
- Varnished teak & holly cabin sole.
- Forward cabin w- private head entrance, hanging locker with mesh cover, changing seat with cushions, storage below, duffel storage bin below berth, and bureau with drawers to starboard.
- Aft cabin to starboard including hanging locker with mesh cover, changing seat outboard w- storage under, large berth measuring 48″ x 78″ x 29″.
- Settee berths in main cabin with large backrest storage compartments, shelves and storage outboard of back rests.
- Deluxe bolstered cushions w- choice of nylon fabric colors.
- Drop-leaf table with cold molded fiddles & stainless base.
- Large chart table w- chart storage and hinged overhead electrical & instrumentation panel. Tool storage below hinged seat.
- Head with two access doors (from fwd stateroom and main cabin) including a manual shower, sink, vanity, mirror, and storage. This area contains mast & separate sump with grate.
- Stainless companionway ladder with varnished teak treads & non-skid strips.
- Vinyl overhead in main, forward and aft cabins.
- Cherry woodwork in main cabin, three drawers in nav. station, four cabinets & bookshelves over settees, one 3′ shelf over berth in aft cabin, one full-length shelf over V-berth, bookshelf & reading light over seat in fwd. cabin, varnish finish on all teak woodwork.
- Full complement of racing sails including:
- Hydranet main, 3 reef points, 2021 Vermont Sail Partners (VSP)
- Carbon 3DI main, 2015, North Sails
- Dacron storm jib, 2022, unused, VSP
- #4 headsail Hydranet, 2021, VSP
- #3 headsail carbon composite, 2021, VSP
- #2 headsail carbon composite, 2022, VSP
- Light #1 headsail carbon composite, 2022, VSP
- Spinnakers A2 large, A2 small, A3, A4, Code 0, 2001, Doyle
- Dacron 120% roller furling cruising genoa, 2015, Doyle
- Garmin GPSMAP 743 Chartplotter (2020)
- B&G Triton 2 instrument displays – qty 3 (2022)
- B&G H5000 display – qty 1 (2022)
- Computer USB interface at nav station (2022)
- Raymarine autopilot
- Steel vessel cradle for winter storage (currently located in Vermont)
- 150 Watt flexible solar panel (2023)
- Custom 6 person cockpit table
- Cockpit and deck awning (2020)
- Epirb and ditch kit
|IJPE : 781.50 sq ft
I : 50.50 ft
J : 14.50 ft
P : 46.50 ft
E : 17.83 ft
Working Sail Area : 780.00 sq ft