We will save you time, money and mistakes on your next boat.
Valiant Yachts are designed and built for the shorthanded crew. The new Valiant 42 has once again set a pace that only other can follow. With its newly expanded sail plan featuring a double spreader rig mast and anchor-bowsprit, performance and balance has never been better. And as with all Valiant Yachts, that comfortable offshore ride is ever present. From its fine bow entry to its classic rounded-tumble home stern, the Valiant hull design provides the strength and impact resistance that veteran sailors look for in a world class performance cruiser.
When it’s just you against mother nature’s worst in the middle of the ocean, do you want anything less than a Valiant?
Valiant 42 – Specifications
|Draft (std.)||6′ 0″|
|Maximum Righting Angle||134°|
|Tankage Fuel*||77 gals.|
|Tankage Water*||88 gals.|
|*Optional tankage available!|
- Gelcoat Isophthalic gelcoat used exclusively on all large and small fiberglass parts
- Resin Isophthalic resin used throughout the entire lay up of the hull, deck and all components. The resin is hand-batched and catalyzed in one-gallon increments. The catalyst / resin mixture is dyed to achieve the proper wet out technique.
- Hull One piece, solid fiberglass, hand laminated of alternate layers of mat and woven roving.
- Deck Hand laminated, balsa cored fiberglass for strength weight ratio with high-density structural foam in high-stressed areas.
- Skeg / Rudder Fiberglass hand laminated structural parts, stainless steel solid shaft with internal steel core, encased in resin and foam.
- Keel External mounted lead ballast, bedded with 3M 5200 sealant. Through-bolted with 17 3/4 stainless steel J-bolts incorporating stainless steel backing plates.
- Bulkheads Bonded with fiberglass to hull and deck with tie plates to floor structures.
- Furniture All horizontal and vertical flats fiberglass bonded to hull and deck.
- Chainplates Stainless steel with backing plates through bolted to solid fiberglass structural knees.
- Hull Insulation 1/2 closed cell foam from the waterline to the sheer on inside of hull to prevent condensation and provide sound insulation.
- Engine Room Insulation One-inch Sound Stop lined foam throughout to provide sound insulation.
- Top Sides Finished with Imron polyurethane white hull with contrasting whale and double boot for superior finish, mar resistance and color retention.
- Underbody Barrier coating applied below the waterline, then marine anti-fouling bottom paint is applied.
- Floor Timbers / Engine Beds Fiberglass laminated over high-density structural foam, sealed and finished with isophthalic gelcoat.
- Deck To Hull Mechanically joined with through bolts and bedded with 3M 5200 sealant.
- Rub Rail Molded in structural with sacrificial teak and stainless strake
- Engine Freshwater cooled Westerbeke diesel with V-drive and reduction gear
- Engine Instruments Deluxe panel recessed in cockpit with tachometer, hour meter and gauges.
- Engine Controls Single lever side-mount for shifter and throttle at pedestal.
- Engine Mounts Flexible shock-absorbing, bolted to aluminum engine rails that are through-bolted to high-density glassed in engine beds
- Seacocks Bronze / stainless ball valves on all through hulls below waterline, with easy access for operating.
- Propeller Bronze fixed-blade Sailor.
- Propeller Shaft Nautilloy™ 1-1/4 stainless steel.
- Strut & Gudgeon Valiant Custom silicone bronze casting.
- Fuel Filter / Water Separator
- Fuel Gauge
- Strainer – 1 1/2, Seawater intake, bronze.
- Engine Exhaust Aqua lift with Valiant Custom anti-siphon system
- Fuel Tanks Marine alloy with clean-out, deck fills and vents, and tanks are removable
- il Change Pump In engine room for Westerbeke engine.
- Remote Oil Filter In engine room for Westerbeke engine.
- AC / DC Distribution Valiant Custom electrical panel with DC volt meter, amp meter, AC volt meter, reverse polarity indicator, DC breaker with 28 positions available and AC breaker with 12 positions available. Interior
- Lights Chart table light (high/low red or white), reading lights in bunk areas, reading lights in main salon aft port and starboard, dome lights in head, shower and bunk areas. High/low dome light main salon port and starboard, lighting above sink and icebox countertop, engine room light, locker lights with door switches, companionway entrance light with switch, courtesy lights under main salon and galley toe recesses
- Navigation Lights To COLREGS bow and stern lights on pulpits. Anchor light and combination steaming and foredeck light on mast. Tri-color strobe ligh At masthead. Batteries Two bank system, four gel cell batteries on house bank, one gel cell on starter bank in fiberglass battery bases with offshore hold-down system for each bank.
- Battery Charger 110 volt automatic, 40+ amp with temperature sensor.
- Alternator – 100 amp.
- Wiring Tinned copper and meets ABYC specifications
- Freshwater Tanks Marine Stainless Located under settees port and starboard with clean-outs, deck fills and vents. Custom built and removable.
- Head Manually-operated with Y-valve for selection to holding tank or overboard offshore discharge. Holding tank has deck fitting for pump out and manual pump out for overboard offshore discharge. Holding tank is marine alloy and removable.
- Deck Washdown Deck fitting for hose forward on deck in bulwarks with 12 volt pressure switch pump and thru hull located forward in interior below furniture.
- Foot Pump Freshwater in galley.
- Bulkheads Solid joiner trim finished with hand-rubbed oil finish.
- Trim Sea rails and fiddles on all horizontal surfaces, laminated trim pieces on all arch door frames and cap bulkheads.
- Cabin Sole Finish Satin Varathane three coats.
- Cabin Sides Handrails on cabin truck sides, with Formica sideliner.
- Twist Latches Flush-mounted on all opening locker doors and drawers.
- Dining Table Walk-around drop-leaf table with Formica top leaves and center storage, with fiddles.
- Pantry Locker Four locking sliding track shelves.
- Chain Locker Interior access with divider and drains to bilge.
- Cushions Valiant Custom interior upholstery with high-quality foam cushions.
- Nav Station Large chart table area with spacious electronics area.
- Wet Locker Vented with drain.
- Stove Gimbaled three-burner, stainless steel propane with oven and LPG safety control panel.
- Flash Guard Stainless steel mounted above stove.
- Stove Crash Bar Sturdy rings for offshore galley strap.
- Hull Sideliner Horizontal ash ceiling battens screwed and plugged with varathane satin finish.
- Cabin Sole – Planked and plugged 1/2-inch solid teak with inlaid basswood strips, sanded and sealed. Sole lift outs have mechanical locking devices.
- Non-Skid Valiant Custom system, two-tone on deck, cockpit and cabin top.
- Hatches Six Lewmar Ocean Series offshore with custom hatch bosses.
- Portlights Hood stainless steel opening ports with screens.
- Mooring Cleats Six 12-inch stainless steel.
- Genoa Turning Blocks Two double sheave.
- Primary Winches Two Lewmar 58CST Ocean Series.
- Staysail Winches Two Lewmar 40CST Ocean Series.
- Halyard Winch One Lewmar 40CST Ocean Series.
- Group 27 engine starting battery
- Custom backlit electrical panel with AC/DC amperage and voltage display, battery monitor,
- Link 10 house battery monitor
- Electrical panel hinged for easy access
- 12V utility plugs at chart table, helm, forward locker
- Copper ground strap glassed to hull at waterline for SSB ground plane
- Wiring led clear of bilge where possible
- Mast Valiant Custom aluminum extrusion with white polyurethane finishing, tapered upper section, double spreader, through-bolted tangs, fabricated/welded cranehead, internal halyards, conduit for mast wiring, spinnaker bails, extra halyard sheaves.
- Boom Valiant Custom fabricated aluminum with white polyurethane finish, internal outhaul, internal topping lift, bails for main sheet blocks, swivel gooseneck fitting.
- Spar Fly Windex 15.
- Standing Rigging 12 rod for uppers, forward and aft lowers, headstay and backstay, 10 rod intermediate upper, 1/4-inch 1×19 wire for forestay. Fittings are Navtec marine turnbuckles.
- Mast and Boom Tangs, deck pad eyes are installed for preventor and runners (running rigging for preventor system and mast runner are optional).
- Running Rigging 1/2 XLS main and jib halyards, 7/16 XLS staysail halyard, 3/8 XLS traveler control lines, 7/16 XLS with vinyl cable for boom topping lift.
- Sheets Genoa 5/8 Intrepid, staysail 1/2 Intrepid, main 1/2 XLS.
Prices, specifications, materials and equipment are subject to change without notice.
Below decks, Valiant offers semi-custom interior design incorporating only the finest quality materials and craftsmanship. Unsurpassed joinery work combined with select primary woods such as cherry or teak accented with ash and poplar in designated areas insure your home away from home will always provide the style and comfort you expect. More importantly, our interiors are built like the exteriors, strong! All furniture, whether horizontal or vertical is fiberglass bonded to the hull and deck, insuring maximum strength. And since our yachts are semi-custom, interior layouts are virtually unlimited. Each new owner can personalize their yacht to their requirements.